Hooray! Compaas is out of beta! Okay, that may feel like a spoiler since I’m now going to talk about other (related) stuff. But bear with me – I have a lot to tell y’all.
Confession: I’ve been meaning to write more the past few months. Really, I have. It’s just that we’ve had so much going on. It’s been 10 months since we had our initial debut at the Kapor Capital People Ops Tech competition last year, and nearly 8 months since we first announced Compaas on our blog. That feels like a really long time ago, because so much has happened.
Here’s some highlights:
- Lisa and I talked to lots and lots of people to help shape Compaas into a great product. Every person we’ve met with over the past year has helped us build Compaas to solve real problems, and we’re so grateful for your time and thoughts.
- We ran a pilot! This allowed us to work with companies directly, and understand their pain points around employee compensation even better.
- Using everything we learned during the pilot, we started developing our release product.
- Lisa and I found a few amazing people to work with and help us realize our vision. Without the support of Amy, Peter, Rachel, and Alex, there’s no way we would have been able to do so much so quickly.
- Our company raised a small amount of angel funding. That gave us the liquidity to work with the awesome people I just mentioned above. We are thankful to our early investors for their belief in Compaas.
- After some discussion, Lisa and I decided to primarily identify as Compaas and let go of Cathy Labs for anything other than legal stuff. That’s a lesson we learned from a previous employer: it’s just confusing to have the product and company name be completely different from one another. That’s also when we switched to our snazzy new domain name: Compa.as.
- Compaas has been in beta for a few months. We’re grateful for the feedback from our customers (and potential customers!), as your insights have helped us get ready for our exciting news.
So now we’re coming out of beta – this very day!
At Compaas, we are passionate about helping companies build great organizations where their compensation reflects their values. Compaas meets companies where they are, either helping build their first compensation levels and plans, or enabling a people analytics or compensation specialist to get fast results beyond spreadsheets.
We can’t wait to talk to you about how to make compensation a competitive advantage for your company!